This form must be filed electronically by all for-hire motor carriers and private motor carriers operating commercial motor vehicles (CMVs), brokers, freight forwarders, hazardous materials safety permit applicants, cargo tank facilities, and intermodal equipment providers operating in interstate or foreign commerce. A new applicant must file the Form MCSA-1 before beginning operations. In addition, all for-hire motor carriers, brokers and freight forwarders must file this form electronically to notify the Agency of a transfer of operating authority registration and provide a copy of the operating authority registration being transferred. All supplemental documents should be scanned and uploaded as appropriate. A transferee of operating authority registration must complete the entire Form MCSA-1 to obtain a USDOT Number if it does not currently have one. All entities must use this form to update their information as required.

Click here to view entire article